Sarah joined Barr Ellison in 1993 and was admitted as a solicitor in 1995. She is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers, the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association and the Employment Lawyers Association. She has over 20 years experience in civil/commercial litigation.
"Sarah Payne is by far the best litigation solicitor I have ever come across."
Andrew Molloy of Interfocus Limited
Sarah acts for public sector bodies, private individuals, trustees, insolvency practitioners, landlords, tenants, partnerships, corporate entities, employers and employees in the pursuit and defence of claims. She has extensive experience in the conduct of complex and more straightforward cases in the Court of Appeal, High Court and County Court as well as Tribunal matters, dealing with arbitrations, mediations and negotiating settlements. Sarah is always keen to ensure the best outcome for her clients.
"I would always want Sarah Payne in my corner in any dispute. Her decisive approach was a great help at a difficult time. Sarah was also very approachable and made discussion easy. Worth every penny!"
Recent instructions include:
• Property disputes about rights of way, boundaries, estoppel, joint ownership and the recovery of possession.
• Contested probates including disputed wills and claims for family provision.
• Breach of attorney’s duties and tracing assets.
• Contractual disputes between: a wine importer and South African supplier; former partners of taxi firm; a ceramic glass company and a cutting company as to use of off-cuts; a farmer and agricultural chemical company for alleged damage to crops; and building disputes.
• Professional negligence claims including against solicitors, accountants and surveyors.
• Defamation proceedings, most recently for an accountant wrongfully accused of having been in prison for deception offences.
• Defence of a variety of claims brought against public sector bodies including nuisance, subsidence, employer’s liability, public liability, occupier’s liability, highways, disability discrimination, disease litigation, multi party actions, claims for contribution and indemnity.
• Advising on Settlement Agreements.
Prior to joining Barr Ellison, Sarah was a local government officer with Lincolnshire County Council.
"My sincere thanks to Sarah Payne for your support and excellent advice. I am very pleased with the way you helped me resolve this dispute."
Pauline Joslin, Cambridgeshire
"I know it is a long time since the euphoria of winning, but I would like to thank you for all of your help and patience throughout a trivial but threatening matter. Your calm demeanour helped tremendously.
Mrs P Chambers
"I thank Sarah Payne for her no-nonsense, professional approach in recovering the monies owed. I was originally very pessimistic about the outcome."
Clive Haylock of Alliance Asbestos Services Ltd
"We would like to thank Sarah Payne for her help in our dispute with our buyer and former conveyancing solicitors. We have learnt a lesson and will now leave all our conveyancing to Barr Ellison."
Ivan and Sue Woodhouse
"We were very pleased with the service we received and especially impressed with the way Sarah Payne got to grips with a complicated situation and outlined it very clearly so that we knew she understood it. Money well spent! Thank you."
"Thank you so much to Sarah Payne for bringing our commercial contract case to a successful conclusion. Your advice, help and patience have been greatly appreciated throughout."
Deans Farm, Fowlmere
"We cannot thank you enough, Sarah. In addition to fierce efficiency, you never failed to be concise, helpful and extremely thoughtful."
"Thank you Sarah [Payne] for all your work and support on this case. I found your advice pragmatic, robust and understandable. I would have no hesitation in recommending you to others seeking litigation advice."
Tessa Corr, London