Applications are invited for a Training Contract commencing in September 2021.
Your application needs to address:
- Why you have chosen the law as a profession.
- Why you would want to join a firm of our size.
- What experience you have had to date that would be relevant to a Training Contract in general, and Barr Ellison Solicitors in particular.
- The skills and strengths you think you need to succeed at this firm.
We are keen to meet people demonstrating:
- Commercial awareness
- Attention to detail
- Strong academic achievements, including (a) minimum grade A and 2 grade B’s at A-level or equivalent, and (B) a 2:1 or above in law or other degree
- A sense of humour
- Ability to think creatively
- Common sense.
The firm offers a number of benefits including flexible working hours, private health insurance, life assurance and a pension scheme – there is more detail on the benefits package offered below.
The closing date for applications is 30th September 2020. Please send your CV with covering letter to our Practice Manager, Lynn Roberson, using the form or by email to email@example.com.
No agencies, please.
Barr Ellison is a full service law firm at the heart of the City of Cambridge. Cambridge has a flourishing and diverse economy. It is a centre of excellence for academic research and has an international reputation for the pioneering work carried out especially in technology and life sciences. The vibrant tech sector stretches from start-ups to global brands. Underpinning the cutting edge work that makes Cambridge unique is a broad spectrum of businesses that contribute to a dynamic commercial environment.
As well as offering a strong career progression for employees, including development through training with study leave and financial support, Barr Ellison is a forward thinking firm committed to achieving a good quality work/life balance. The firm offers a number of benefits, including flexible working, to enable our employees to succeed in their career while also enjoying time with family and friends. Our core benefits include:
- Private health insurance – comprehensive cover for all staff
- Pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Two additional days’ holiday each Christmas.
- An extra day of holiday leave for weddings and moving home.
In addition, Barr Ellison creates a positive workplace environment through offering:
- Flexible working hours allowing up to 12 additional days leave per year
- Discretionary annual bonus, based on the firm’s financial performance
- Christmas bonus
- Free legal services on non-contentious matters
- Reduced travel costs and interest-free annual train season ticket
- Health cash plan
- ‘Client finder’ and ‘employee finder’ bonus
- Childcare voucher scheme
- A warm, friendly office environment with an open-door policy, dress down each Friday, staff events in summer and at Christmas, working lunches and informal team get-togethers.