Cambridge is internationally recognised as a leading centre for CleanTech innovation. New enterprises are being created which are finding solutions through the use of technology to reduce the consumption of energy. These innovations are key to the UK meeting its energy and carbon reduction targets and to securing a sustainable future for us all.
The sector is burgeoning in Cambridge with one of the more recent additions being the Future Business Centre which is a business incubation centre focused entirely on serving cleantech and social enterprise start-ups. The Centre is based near the Cambridge Science Park and offers its occupiers flexible working spaces with a full range of management services and an on-site business support programme. With a Low Carbon centre next door and ease of access to Cambridge University academics, the Centre is ideal for cleantech businesses.
Cleantech covers a range of technologies and innovations which reduce energy use, such as smart metering and energy monitoring devices, building technologies such as innovative materials and insulation, lighting technologies, semi-conductors regulating the flow of electricity through devices, low carbon vehicles and renewable energy technologies.
If you have read this far the chances are that you are:
- An inventor with a Cleantech innovation;
- An early-stage or established Cleantech business;
- A landowner or developer looking to develop or use Cleantech including retro-fitting new technologies into existing buildings.
If you have any questions please call us on 01223 417200 and ask for the Cleantech team
We can help you with issues such as:
- Funding and shareholder agreements;
- Protecting your ideas;
- Employee and contractor arrangements;
- Dealing with customers and terms and conditions;
- Agency, re-seller and distribution arrangements;
- Property issues arising from retro-fitting.